Here’s the list of 9 questions to ask before hiring a handyman:
- Have you had any complaints filed against you with Consumer Affairs or small claims tribunals such as VCAT? If so, what where they for and what was the outcome?
- Do you require an advance deposit on all jobs? Even bigger jobs? Or can we pay as you go?
- How many times have you done (whatever I need) before?
- What guarantees can you provide? That you will show up on time, that you will do good handyman work, etc?
- Do I get a written quote and how is it calculated?
- What steps do you take to communicate with me before, during and after completion of my handyman job?
- Will you come back at no charge and fix any problems with your handyman work that come to light after you leave? For how long are your warranties valid?
- Can I have these guarantees in writing?
- How long will it be before you can start work? Who will be doing the work? How long will it take to complete? How many other handyman jobs will you be working on at the same time?
Well we stuck a few more questions under point 9 to help you really grill the next handyman that you use. We hope that these handyman tips are useful and that your next handyman project goes to plan.
Share your thoughts and opinions with us
Don't just take our word for it
Take a look at some of our genuine, honest and unbiased feedback from happy customers.